Add to that the tropical climate, great food, shopping and nightlife ideal eventful night, this garden city is a great destination in the region.
Food and drinks in Singapore was rated as excellent, with the center of the bustling outdoor dining, 24-hour coffee shop offers cheap food from all parts of Asia, and local shopping easy to cram overloaded baggage to go shopping centers such as Orchard Road and Suntec City. In recent years, the social restrictions have been relaxed, so you can bungee jump over a bar table all night, although alcohol is very expensive, even chewing gum can only be purchased at the pharmacy for medical use.
Two complex Casino opened in 2010 in Sentosa and Marina Bay has become a part of the entertainment industry in Singapore, with the aim to double the amount of visitors and increase the time they stay. Please forward to the upcoming new changes in Singapore.
– Singapore is proud to be a multi-ethnic country, and has a diverse culture than its small area. The China accounted for the largest share, about 75% of the population. A quarter of the population are foreigners. The Malays account for about 14%, while India accounts for about 9%.
– Singapore has a diverse religious background, and government guarantees freedom of religion. Buddhism is the largest religion for about 1/3 of the population.
Because Singapore is located at 1.5 degrees north of the equator, the weather is usually sunny and the season is not clear. Often unexpected rain in any given day, if heavy rain is rarely exceed one hour. However, the rainy season from November to January in the northeastern sometimes have long incessant rains. These storms can come in any season, any day of the year, so when traveling you should bring an umbrella to cover both rain and sunshine.
Between May and October, forest fires in the Philippines can also cause dense smoke, it is very difficult to predict. Temperatures during the day ranged from 24-33 degrees, the temperature, high humidity and little wind.Most Singaporeans are doing everything possible to keep away from the heat: Air-conditioned house to live in, work in air-conditioned rooms, take the subway to the conditioning to cool the shopping center are connected together by subway system, where they can eat, shop, exercise at the gym conditioning.
Festivals and events
– New Year Day 1/1 , held as in the West, with fireworks, parties everywhere.
– Lunar: although this is the ideal time to travel, but remember that many small shops closed for 2-3 days, supermarkets and restaurants remain open. People hung the red ribbon, citrus and mascot of the year everywhere, and the shopping crowds lined up in Chinatown, where the streets are richly decorated contribute to air festivals. People often Tet with his family and the island sank in silence, and then back to normal life back then.
Lunar colorful in Singapore
– There is also a dragon boat festival is held in July lunar calendar, the feast of her soul to the full moon in July, the full moon in August …
– Singapore organized numerous international events every year. Some well-known events such as Festival Foods, Singapore Grand Prix, Art Festival, World Summit ..
– Singapore Sun Festival is a popular festival in Singapore, with the appearance of the famous stars.Christmas is also widely celebrated people, the streets and the famous shopping center is lit and colorful decorations. In addition, Singapore Gem Festival attract tourists annually, and exhibit space gems, jewelry and famous masterpieces of the jeweler as well as the new fashion design.
Singapore Travel Tips:
– Bring sunglasses, Singapore usually sunny
– Bring umbrellas, often because of rain, but not long
– Short pants, trousers silly as hot and humid weather here. Although air conditioner everywhere but you should dress neatly bared. Note that in some places there are provisions to dress seriously.
– Jackets / Sweaters: large supermarkets or museums can be quite cold
– Anti-mosquito: in the remote city of mosquitoes and dengue fever in Singapore remains a concern.
– currency of Singapore is the Singapore dollar, denoted SGD, or just $ S $, divided into 100 cents. There is $ 0.01 coin (bronze), $ 0.05 (yellow), $ 0.1 (silver), $ 0.2 (silver), $ 0.5 (silver), and $ 1 (yellow). Banknotes with type 2 $ (purple), $ 5 (green), $ 10 (red), $ 50 (blue), $ 100 (orange), $ 1,000 (purple), and $ 10,000 (yellow).Brunei dollar is also used in parallel, and the two currencies can be easily exchanged in the two countries, so do not be surprised when you get paid in cash Brunei. You should understand here is the $ sign for Singapore dollars, not US dollars, unless it is explicitly stated as US $.
– VAT of public goods are usually available in prices, except in the big hotels and some restaurants. For example, when the restaurant is present price $ 19.99 ++, which means 10% VAT and 7% service charge is not added, and will be added to the invoice after payment. When you see the price NETT, which means inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
– ATM is very popular in Singapore, and credit cards are widely used (although some stores may charge a 3% surcharge, and taxis can be calculated by 15%).
– The exchange offices in every Malls and often better pricing, opening earlier and faster service at the bank.
– Singapore is quite expensive compared to the average of Asia, but within acceptable levels compared with developed countries: $ 50 a day is enough for the minimum, although there will not be uncomfortable. The price of food is very cheap, with less than $ 5 you can have a meal at the hawker with a lot of diets. The cost of the more expensive in at a hostel bed around $ 20, 3-4 star hotel in the heart average price of around $ 100-300 for standard rooms, and the largest hotel (except Raffles) can cost about $ 300 if the right time in the low season discount.
– Unwind with tight cost should remember that Singapore expensive than other places in Southeast Asia, and should spend reasonable if intended stay long here. In general, prices in Singapore are twice as Malaysia and Thailand, 3-5 times more than Indonesia and the Philippines
Foods attractiveness of Singapore
– Price for a soft drink with less than $ 10 if you eat in restaurants, middle class is $ 10-30 at the diner, and to over $ 30.
– Singapore is the convergence of dishes from around the world, and many Singaporeans are gourmet, even haunting the “makan” (from hours to eat in Singapore). You will enjoy quality cuisine from China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Italy, France, the US and other countries in this city.
– Most of the food is eaten with a knife, fork and spoon, cut food with your left hand, and eat with a spoon in his right hand. Noodles and Chinese dishes typically come with chopsticks, while the Malaysian and Indian food can be eaten by hand, but it will surprise no one blinked or if you require a fork or spoon. If you eat with your hands always eat with my right hand, because Malaysia and India have a habit of using the left hand to handle the dirty stuff.
– Singapore Food Festival takes place annually in May 7. In the last 3 Festival, all visitors to Singapore have asked the company or tourist center to get coupons for chilli crab, free charge.
The signature dish:
Food Peranakan / Nonya
– chili crab is a crab dishes are cooked with the chili sauce and fragrant plastic. It is quite spicy food at the beginning, but as good as eating. Somewhat difficult to eat so do not wear white to eat and handle any crab in your hand and the remaining shelf mess. The seafood restaurant on the east coast is famous for this dish. If you want something similar and not too dirty, call black pepper crab.
– Kaya is a cake made from eggs and coconut, a strange combination, but also quite tasty. Typically used for breakfast, together with runny eggs, pastries and specialty coffees.
– Laska: possibly Singapore’s most famous dish: white flour mixed with curry broth with coconut oil is very special, scallops or shrimp on top of that. Note that the taste of this dish often found in flea markets and street vendors are usually very spicy, even so, you can ask for little chili peppers or not.
– Mee siam is noodles with sweet and sour broth made from tamarind, dried shrimp and fermented beans, tofu and boiled eggs. The people of China, Malaysia and India have its own flavor to this dish, but Peranakan style is still the most popular, and you can find most of the food in Malaysia.
– popiah , nem rolls, fresh or fried. This dish is made from beets, fried tofu, pork, shrimp and a variety of different spices, rolled in rice paper thin and dotted with fresh water and bold.
– Rojak: means the combination of everything in Malay, and there are 2 different types. Chinese Style is style salad with pineapple, radish, cucumber, Douhua, with thin slices of ginger flower buds, shrimp mixed with soy sauce and sugar, then sprinkle with crushed peanuts. Rojak Indian style made primarily from wheat and various beans, cucumber, tofu, sweet and spicy sauce.
– Satay bee hoon is a noodle dish with peanuts and chili sauce, often more oysters, squid and sliced pork.
– Cream: just as in the West. However, in Singapore have many different flavors like durian ice cream, red bean.
– Mee Rebus is egg noodles with spicy sauce, fresh, boiled egg and a slice of lemon
– Mee Soto is a Malay-style chicken soup, stewed in water, chopped chicken breast and egg noodles
– Nasi Lemak is Malay breakfast, rice cooked in coconut milk, a few anchovies, peanuts, a few slices of cucumber and peppers. Often add a fried fish or chicken wings, or in combination with multiple types of curry.
– Otah / otak fish cakes made of minced fish (usually cod), peppers and other spices, and baked in a banana or coconut leaves, often served with other dishes such as Nasi Lemak.
– Rendang , also known as dry curry, stew meat for several hours in a coconut, with spicy curry base, until the water runs out. Beef Rendang is the most common, occasionally Rendang beef or lamb.
– Sambal is from the general to the chili sauce. Sambal belacan is made from iodine spices mixed with shrimp paste belacan, Sotong Samban longer have to cook squid in red chili sauce.
– Satay skewers grilled meat, usually chicken, lamb or beef. What makes other Satay with barbecue spices commonly used to marinate meat and slightly spicy sauce. Satay Club at Lau Pa Sat near Raffles Palace is the place that sells this item.
– Malay desserts, especially, cakes and jelly, coconut and palm sugar made. With the tropical sun, try the different flavors mixing with rock
– bubur cha-cha including sweet potato, sago soup cooked with coconut milk. This dish can be eaten hot or cold.
– Chendol made from mung bean noodles, beans, palm sugar, and coconut milk
– Durian, sold in Geylang or Bugis and everywhere in the packaging available, priced from $ 1 to $ 24 for a small package, depending on the season and type of durian. He was the king of fruits is also used to make ice cream, cakes, candies, puddings, and other types of desserts.
– Ice kachang (ie stones), made from shaved ice and sweet red beans, palm sugar is often added, grass jelly, sweet corn, or whatever you like, then all is sprinkled with coconut milk or cream . The sum of these very interesting and new.
– Kuih (Kueh) , is a kind of “cake” is steamed or grilled, coconut milk, coconut meat, glutinous rice or tapioca.This dish is usually different colors, and there are many interesting shapes, but they often have the same position, although looks very different.
– Ak Chor Mee is pasta with minced pork, mixed with chili, lard, fish fried rice, vegetables and mushrooms, add the vinegar, sometimes black.
– Bak Kut Teh , is a simple soup with stewed pork ribs how many hours until the meat separated from the bone.The Singapore-style pale like pepper Teochew style, but some stores to sell your original Fujian style. Bak Kut The usually served with white rice, pickles, and a Chinese teapot features.
– Char Kway teow is fried noodles Singapore sophistication, including several types of noodles, soy sauce, dark brown, Chinese sausage, chopped vegetables, add scallops or shrimp. Food is cheap ($ 2-3) and can eat.
– Chee cheoung fun is your favorite breakfast consisting of lasagna noodles made from rice, and fried meats, add fried fish and fried tofu. This dish is usually a lot more watering sauce.
– Chwee Kway is breakfast with rice cakes, along with radish wants fermentation, served with chutney
– Noodle Park has a variety of fish, but often see mee pok, the noodles with sliced eggs. Noodles mixed with chili sauce and served with a bowl of fish soup members
– Hainanese Chicken Rice: chicken cooked with soy sauce or turns, sesame oil, and rice cooked in a broth made of chicken with ginger and garlic. Often accompanied by relatively fresh made from crushed chili, ginger, garlic and soy sauce, dark black, some cucumber and chicken stew water.
Hokkien mee is wet noodle fried with shrimp and other seafood.
– Kway chap : heart pigs and pork processing wheat and soy sauce with black
– pot: the self-styled dishes China, like in Vietnam
– Tau Huay: dessert is traditionally the most popular of China, is a bowl of curd tofu, eat hot or cold.
– Wonton Noodle: thin pasta, marinated pork added, chopped. Unlike in Hong Kong, wonton noodles here are dried noodles, served with chili and relative.
– Yong tau foo: rotten tofu or tofu fermented. It is usually composed of many kinds of tofu, fish meal, seafood and vegetables, cut into bite size pieces, cooked in boiling water, then clean out the type of soup, broth or dry type separately. The dish can be eaten alone or add the pasta. Most importantly spices spicy and sweet sauce for dipping.