Try our fun “Around the World” travel quiz to see how many questions you can get. Simply pick which answer you think is correct from the multiple-choice options. You can use the button at the end to see which answers you got right and which you got wrong, as well as your overall score.
Once you’ve finished you’ll also find some more information about each place and question, allowing you to learn more. Good luck!
Quiz topic: Travel and destinations around the world
Number of questions: 25
You may also like: Free Questions and Answers (For your Own Travel Quizzes)
1. Where are the Whitsunday Islands located?
2. Which of these countries ISN’T landlocked?
Turkey is the only country in this list which isn’t landlocked. The country connects to various seas on its north, west and south coasts.
3. The Spanish Steps (seen below) are found in which city?
Although the Spanish Steps could be confused as a place in Spain, they are in fact located in Rome. They were such named after the nearby Spanish Embassy and have been in the city since 1723. There are 138 steps which lead up to the Trinità dei Monti church located at the top.
4. How many provinces are there in Canada?
5. Which two countries in South America are the Iguazu Falls part of?
Ethiopia and Kenya
Switzerland and Italy
Brazil and Argentina
Tanzania and Zambia
See more places to visit in Argentina.
6. Which of these is NOT a South Africa national park?
Addo Elephant Park
Kruger National Park
Table Mountain National Park
Goreme National Park
7. Where in the Middle East is this?
8. The Aruba Caribbean island is a territory of which European country?
Aruba is one of the many beautiful islands that form part of the Dutch Caribbean. These islands located near the Americas also includes Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius.
9. Where in Africa are these famous trees? (Avenue of the Baobabs)
Discover more wonderful places in Madagascar.
10. What is the capital of Canada?
11. Which country is this?
(Hint: It’s a place that is often seen on Instagram)
12. Hanoi is the capital of which country?
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam. The city makes for a great starting point when visiting the country to learn more about its history and culture before heading on to popular destinations such as Ha Long Bay, Sa Pa or Hoi an.
13. What is the official name of this tower?
St Stephen’s Tower
The Victoria Tower
Although many people think this landmark is called Big Ben, actually that is just the name of the bell inside the tower. The official name is Elizabeth Tower. Previous to this it was simply called the Clock Tower. However, if you did refer to it as Big Ben many people will likely know what you’re talking about.
You’re over halfway – Keep going…
14. Where in Asia will you find this famous place?
15. What is the name of this popular middle eastern dish?
This is Dolma, a popular dish found in Mediterranean cuisine and in the Middle East. It includes stuffed (or rolled) vine leaves and can contain mincemeat as well as various herbs and spices. There are also vegan/vegetarian versions with rice rather than mince.
16. Where in Asia is this famous place? (The Chocolate Hills)
17. Which of these is the tallest?
(Hint: It’s not necessarily the image you see)
The Shard, London
Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo
Burj Khalifa, Dubai
Ostankino Tower, Moscow
18. Which of these cities ISN’T in New Zealand?
19. Which superhero movie was Niagara Falls used in?
Fast and the Furious
20. How many countries connect to the Austrian border?
21. Where in Europe are these famous lakes? (Plitvice Lakes National Park)
22. LOT is the national airline of which European country?
Lot is the national airline of Poland and has connections to around 120 destinations. Such as major cities in Asia, North America and all over Europe.
23. The Baltic States refer to which countries?
Iceland, Norway, UK
Poland, Czech Republic, Austria
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
Croatia, Slovenia, Italy
24. Bohemian Switzerland National Park is in which country?
25. Final question – How high is Mount Everest?
(Hint: Think carefully about what would be a reasonable answer for the world’s highest mountain)
Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world and reaches a height of 8,848m above sea level. The mountain is located between Nepal and China (Tibet) and is often tackled by adventure travellers and mountain climbers.
Thanks for playing. Click the button below to see how you did…
Where did you rank?
|Questions Correct||# People|
Number of completes:
Fancy another quiz? Scroll down for more…
Did you like this quiz? Share it with your friends.